Last month I had the opportunity to attend the HOW Design Conference in Chicago. If you are a designer or in the creative field, I would highly recommend attending at some point. My first HOW was in 2008 in Boston and I’ve been wanting to go back ever since. This year’s conference was incredibly inspiring to me. I came back refreshed and full of new ideas, not just for work, but for other areas of my life as well. Here’s a quick run down:
To prepare for networking at this event, I designed my first set of personal business cards! (I know, way overdue!) I ordered these from moo.com and was really impressed with the quality. They are printed on a heavy stock and have a beautiful matte finish. The best part, they allow you to print several different images on the front, creating a fun “set” of business cards.
- “The best way to complain is to make things.” —Tina Roth Eisenberg
- “Be the leader you wish you had.” —Simon Sinek
- “Creativity is the ultimate integration tool… We’re born makers.” —Brené Brown
- “If you’re digging a hold in the wrong place, making it deeper doesn’t help.” —Michael Bierut
- “Do the work that feeds your soul, not your ego.” —Jessica Walsh
And, it just wouldn’t be a trip to Chicago without the obligatory bean photo.